Born Jan. 10, 1926, in Van Wert, he was a son of Rev. Harvey S. and Ruth C.
(Kanode) Lauver. His wife, Thelma J. (Ward) Lauver, whom he married on Nov. 18,
He attended Juniata Joint High School, Mifflintown and graduated from Messiah Bible School in 1944.
He served in the U.S. Army in the Western Pacific theater from 1944-1946 as a medical technician.
He founded J.V. Oil Co., McAlisterville in 1955 and Roller Junction, Mifflintown in
1981. He was employed by the Pennsylvania Railroad from 1946-1955, Chase Industries, McAlisterville, Clair C. Stuck Funeral Home,
McAlisterville and Bilger
Fuels (formerly J.V. Oil Co.) until his retirement in 1991. After his retirement, he
was a driver for Tuscarora Hardwoods, Elliottsburg.
He was a member of the Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, McAlisterville. He was also a member and past master of Tennis Lodge
Thompsontown, a 32nd Degree Mason, member of the Harrisburg Consistory, Past Masters Club, Zembo Shrine, Harrisburg, and
the Tall Cedars of Lebanon.
He was also a member of the Lost Creek Rod and Gun Club and Pennsylvania Petroleum Association. He was a past member of the
Fayette Lions Club, Juniata
County School Board, Mifflintown VFW and the Steering Committee of Lost Creek Health Services.
He was also a co-founder of the Juniata-Mifflin Counties Area Vocational-Technical School and the Perry-Juniata Oil Association and
was appointed by Gov. Dick Thornburgh as a trustee for the Selinsgrove State School.